Our Statement of Intent
We at Staunton and Corse Surgery wish to offer our patients the highest possible standard of medical and nursing care, regardless of age, gender, disability, race or sexual orientation.
Our surgery building has been built with disabled access in mind. All clinical parts of the practice are accessible by wheelchair. We have car parking spaces for blue badge holders by the front door of the practice. We have a wheelchair accessible toilet in the waiting room. If you have any problems using our facilities, please tell us.
Access for the Hearing Impaired
Appointments can be booked online for those who have difficulty using the telephone. All clinical and frontline administrative staff have had deaf awareness training. We have a portable induction loop for use during consultations – please ask the administrative staff for it when you come in to see a doctor or nurse. If you have any problems using our facilities, please tell us.
Access for the Sight Impaired
Please tell us when you come in, and the reception staff will let the doctor or nurse know. If you have any problems using our facilities, please tell us.
Patients whose first language is not English
Please tell us when you come in. We have access to interpreting services. If you have any problems using our facilities, please tell us.
All of our administrative staff have had training in safeguarding to level 1 for children and adults. All of our clinical staff have had additional training in safeguarding for children and adults. Dr Roger Whittle is the lead for adult safeguarding in the practice and Dr Mungo Chambers is the lead for child safeguarding. All of our patients subject to safeguarding procedures are discussed at our weekly practice meeting and have an additional longer monthly review.
We offer the following services:
Same Day Appointments
- These are appointments for medical problems which will not wait until the next routine appointment. These will be with a nurse practitioner, if available, or with a GP.
- Please telephone our appointments line to arrange.
- You may wish to consider using Choose Well (choosewellglos.nhs.uk/) for advice.
- These are appointments with a GP or practice nurse, available at times throughout the day Monday to Friday.
- We also have early morning appointments bookable in advance.
- Please telephone our appointments line or book online.
Chronic Illness Management
- We will contact you in the month of your birthday to arrange an appointment with a practice nurse, for review of high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, chronic kidney disease and mental health problems.
- This is a checkup with our healthcare assistant to work out your risk of a heart attack or stroke.
- All patients aged 40 to 74 years are eligible.
- You can make an appointment for this and do not have to wait until you receive an invitation.
- All the GPs are able to give contraceptive advice.
- Dr Sarah Humphries is able to fit intrauterine contraceptive devices.
Our midwife runs weekly clinics at the practice each Tuesday afternoon and will be pleased to advise on all matters relating to pregnancy. She is based at Newent Health Centre and can be contacted on 0300 421 6737 where messages can be left. If you wish to book an antenatal appointment at the practice please contact our receptionists on 01452 840228 (option 1).
Our health visitors are based at Newent Health Centre and can be contacted on 0300 421 8192. They see babies and young children in Child Health Clinics clinics at the practice on Monday afternoons. If you wish to book an health visitor appointment at the practice please contact our receptionists on 01452 840228 (option 1).
- All the GPs are able to advise patients with mental health problems.
- The GPs are able to refer patients to our primary mental health nurse.
Our Community Nursing Team provide a very wide range of care in the home. They are also based at Newent Health Centre and can be contacted on 0300 421 6740.
Patient Participation Group
We have had an active patient participation group since 2010. Click here or on the button on our home page for more details.